2020 Bozdog, M. & Galloway, D. (in press) Performing Walking Sims: from Dear Esther to Inchcolm Project. Journal of Gaming and Virtual Worlds.
2019 Bozdog, M., & Galloway, D. (2019). Worlds at our fingertips: reading (in) What Remains of Edith Finch. Games and Culture. https://doi.org/10.1177/1555412019844631
2018 Love, L. and Bozdog, M., A Three Person Poncho and a Set of Maracas: Designing Ola De La Vida, A Co-Located Social Play Computer Game, DiGRA 2018 Proceedings.
2017 Bozdog, M. and Galloway, D., Play between worlds: Inchcolm Project. Scottish Journal of Performance, 4(1) September.
2016 Bozdog, M. and Galloway, D., I Cried to Dream Again: Discovery and Meaning-Making in Walking Simulators, DiGRA-FDG 2016 Proceedings.
Refereed Conference, Seminar and Workshop Presentations
- Res/Fest (Courtauld and V&A), Dundee, UK
- Transnational Scotland, Fisheries Museum, Anstruther, UKK
- DEVELOP Research, Brighton, 9 July
- Wandering Games, Bangor University, 10-12 July
- Electronic Literature Organization Conference and Media Art Festival, Cork 14-17 July
- IM/Material Network (University of Glasgow, The Royal Society of Edinburgh) Panel: Virtual Encounters with Material Worlds, Abertay University, 13 May
- DiGRA Conference 2018, The Game is the Message, 25-28 July, University of Turin, Turin, Italy.
- Literature and Video Games, Beyond Stereotypes, 20-21 June, University of St Andrews, Abertay University and the University of Glasgow, St Andrews, UK.
- Gaming and the Arts of Storytelling Symposium, 9 May, Abertay University Dundee, Dundee, UK.
- Spring into Methods (workshop), Co-Design and Co-Creation Methods. 25-27 April. SGSAH and Abertay University, Dundee, UK.
- Research in Practice: A Showcase of Creative, Cultural and Social Methodologies, 21 July, The School of Media Culture and Society, University of the West of Scotland, Glasgow, UK.
- Game Think 2.0 Conference, 3 February, Glasgow University, Glasgow, UK. Exploring physical and virtual islands: Inchcolm Project. Talk available here:
- Critical Response Process (workshop), Launch of the SGSAH Practice Research Network, 22 November, Hospitalfield, Arbroath, UK.
- DiGRA/FDG ‘16 First International Joint Conference of DIGRA and FDG, 1 – 6 June, Abertay University Dundee, Dundee, UK.
- SGSAH Summer School. Play as a Research Method (workshop), 22 June, Glasgow, UK.
- Audience, Experience, Desire: interactivity and participation in contemporary performance & the cultural industries. University of Exeter. 29-30 January 2016.
2015-2018 Applied Research Collaborative Studentship. Connecting Performance and Play. Establishing Interdisciplinary Design Methods for the Development of Games and Performance.
Dr. Dayna Galloway, Dr. Kenneth McAlpine (Abertay University)
Dr. Laura Bissell, Dr. Alistair MacDonald (The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
Simon Sharkey (The National Theatre of Scotland)
Funded by Abertay University and the Scottish Funding Council. Partnership between: Abertay University Dundee, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, The National Theatre of Scotland and The Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities